Monday, February 9, 2009

Menu Planning

Planning your menu while utilizing your actual pantry, freezer and cupboards can really help one to take stock in what is already on hand. When I menu plan I see what I own and try my best to stay within those limits, however I know some fresh ingredients might need to be picked up as needed. But, for the most part my main items I already own.

Menu planning also helps me to make sure I am rotating our food vs tossing stuff when it has been in the cupboard a long time. Another benefit - with planning I feel like I am taking a broader look at our diet to ensure that we are seeing a bit of diversity and balance.

I do write them down, but I may shift them around some simply because your day can change, your appetitie might differ and sometime I want something easier to do that day.

That being said, here is my plan for this week:

1- Cheese Raviolli with Marinara Sauce, garlic green beans, ceasar salad and homemade bread rolls.

2- Grilled Hamburgers with fixings, baked beans, peaches and chips.

3- Black Bean soup in the crock pot, tortilla chips and mixed green salad.

4- Spaghetti with vegetable red sauce, green beans, salad and garlic bread.

5- Baked Macaroni & Cheese, broccoli and pears.

6- Chicken Enchiladas, black beans, homemade mexican style rice and tortilla chips with salsa.

7- Valentines Dinner (not sure if out or in - will determine later)

No comments:

Post a Comment